Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Pretty Poison: Laced

Philadelphia band Pretty Poison were solidly "new wave" before they went mainstream with "Nighttime" and "Catch Me I'm Falling." Here is their 1983 4-song EP, Laced, on their own Svengali label. I've added a bonus track, "Secrets," from the Philly sampler LP I'd Rather Be in Philadelphia on Burn Potential Records, also from 1983. (I'll have that whole album up eventually, with bands including Book of Love, Bunnydrums, and Executive Slacks. Watch this space!)


Laced
Jade Starling on MySpace

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah! some executive slacks would be great! you wouldn't happen to have head cheese's single "philly is a jungle" would you?

Anonymous said...

Weird. I thought I was the only person who remembered this song.

Anonymous said...

No, the song Expiration is pretty good, and I was surprised to find out this wasn't even their first release.